Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Annual Memorial Day Extravaganza

Sorry no pictures! I was so busy visiting with everyone that I totally forgot the kodak moments.
We began decorating all the graves. I wanted to leave a sign on Dad's that said "may you be cursed forever you scum sucking low life if you steal this stuff off this grave again!" Every year someone steals the stuff we put there. The first years we lost some pretty nice planters last year the stuff was gone by Tuesday. I can't comprehend being low enough to steal off graves.

The next event was driving by the moving viet-nam war memorial in the Ogden Leavitts Cemetary. Picture Just as we drive by the radio in the jeep is playing Taps and Norm rolls down the windows and cranks up the volume. We were saluted by many and laughed all the way home.

Finally the great picnic at Grandma Kemp's. This year I especially enjoyed watching all the fun the kids were having. Someone gave Jace a whistle. He was in heaven! Rylan and Kylee scored on the prizes. Rylan won a number of things that Shelly was "thrilled to decorate his room with" but Ben had to take the cake as he proudly carried two ceramic statues of Jesus he was going to decorate his room with. Rachel brought a number of toys for the kids to play with while they were there, bubbles, huge balls, base ball set and balloon kits to make balloon annimals. The food was wonderful catered by Union Grill. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun. I enjoyed visiting with the Kemp Clan since I only get to see them once a year. Norm enjoyed having a belching contest with Sarah! All in all It was great fun. Thanks, to all who helped.

6 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

I didn't take too many pictures either! I'll post what I have later. We had a GREAT time though, the kids could have stayed all day! The food was awesome...I only wish I would have eaten more! We missed Nate/Angie and the girlies though...

Thanks for everything you guys!

Allison said...

Thanks for all you do to make the picnic happen. We had a blast! Owen loves his prizes too!

Ang said...

Missed hanging out with you all, sounds like it was a good time as usual!

Shelly said...

Thank-you for always hosting such a great party!! My kids especially love it, the games were a hit and my kids have more prizes than we know what to do with. Thank-you for a fun day!!

We sure missed Nate, Ang, and the girls...

Shelbi Jean said...

Thanks for the good time. We had fun seeing everyone. I am so glad the weather was so wonderful! What a good day. We need to do some more things like that with the fam. I can't wait for Aub to out playing with the other kiddo's.

Marc T. said...

I'd have to say the Union Grill food was good, but the best thing I ate was the Strawberry Shortcake that Steven and Camery (sp?) brought with the canned whipped cream.

It was good to see everyone, missed Nate and Angie though!

I Really Wish I had witnessed the Belching Contest!